Author: Kate Zhao
From VOA News, via Digital Chosunilbo: An international rights group says the legacy of the Chinese government’s violent crackdown on demonstrators nearly two decades ago threatens to eclipse China’s efforts to improve its image in the run up to the 2008 Olympics. New York-based Human Rights Watch said Friday that the Chinese government has failed to account for the
From Financial Times: Mainland Chinese investors on Thursday sold down their holdings of smaller speculative stocks and bid up blue-chips in a flight to quality that analysts said was prompted by the government’s efforts to deflate the stock market bubble. The benchmark Shanghai Composite index closed up 1.4 per cent on Thursday, a day after it fell 6.5 per cent in response
Most Recent Entries
- 2007.05.05 photo: Two students walking by a Majiang table, via www.fengniao.com.
- 2007.03.10 photo: An old man protesting against the high tuition on the street of Chongqing, via www.xitek.com.
- 2007.03.08 photo: A craftsman making a candy at a temple fair in Beijing, via www.fengniao.com.
- 2007.03.07 photo: Villagers riding a tractor going back home, via xitek.com.
- 2007.03.05 A boy with a cigarette and his smile, via xitek.com.