Author: Xiao Qiang
From The New York Times: From the prison cell where he contemplated an executioner’s bullet, a migrant worker named Wang Binyu gave an anguished account of his wasted life. Unexpectedly, it rippled across China like a primal scream. Articles in this series are examining the struggle in China over the creation of a modern legal system. Previous articles examined flaws in the
From China News Weekly (zhongguoxinwenzhoukan), via sina.com: (translated by CDT, links are added by CDT) Facing 2006, we hope that China’s reform will make critical progress in challenging areas, the country will be prosperous and people at peace; and society will be harmonious; We hope that there will no longer be so many miners who die in the dark underground, and that their
Most Recent Entries
- 2005.12.31 A Tool of Diplomacy (And Oh So Cuddly) – Elizabeth Williamson
- 2005.12.31 MSN shuts An Ti – asiapundit
- 2005.12.31 China’s central government website opens formally on New Year’s Day – Xinhua
- 2005.12.31 Photo: Women “dressed as swans” take part in a winter swimming show in Liaoning Province, via The First Post.
- 2005.12.31 ‘China still not sharing bird flu samples’ – Ben Blanchard
- 2005.12.30 WHO Warns China at Risk From Small-Scale Outbreaks of Bird Flu – VOA
- 2005.12.30 Journalists protest Chinese censorship – David Lague (UPDATED)
- 2005.12.30 Photo: China will have an air police force with some 60 helicopters during next five years, from People’s Daily.
- 2005.12.29 Japan says diplomat’s suicide followed blackmail by China – Justin McCurry
- 2005.12.29 Xinhua picks top 10 news stories in China in 2005 – Xinhua
- 2005.12.29 Billionaire Builder of China – David Barboza
- 2005.12.29 Threat of China’s Economy – Frank Ching
- 2005.12.29 Viacom testing limits of youth TV in China – David Barboza
- 2005.12.29 ‘Cherish freedom: Stay far away from Sina!’- Jeremy Goldkorn
- 2005.12.29 300 Million Chinese Drink Unsafe Water – Elaine Kurtenbach
- 2005.12.29 China launches corruption website
- 2005.12.29 Photo: Pearl River Delta, from hhuc.edu.cn.
- 2005.12.29 China removes editor of feisty tabloid – Benjamin Kang Lim and Chris Buckley
- 2005.12.28 Nationalism drives China, Japan apart – Robert Marquand
- 2005.12.28 Study on China energy demand delayed – Stephanie Kirchgaessner