Author: Xiao Qiang
From The Wall Street Journal’s China Real Time Report Blog: Translations of comments appearing on China Digital Times, a China-focused news blog run by the Berkeley China Internet Project out of the University of California, Berkeley, included insults like “Brother Fang, when are you going to die?’’ and “F— you 404 times,” a reference to the “404 error” message that browsers
On Monday morning, Fang Binxing, (方滨兴) the President of Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications who is known as the “father of the Great Firewall,” opened a Sina Microblog account. Within three hours after his second post was spotted by other micro-bloggers, over 3818 netizens followed him, and despite rapid deleting of comments to his posts by Sina editors,
Most Recent Entries
- 2010.12.18 Photo Collection: “The History of Forced Demolition in China”
- 2010.12.13 Empty Chairs On the Cover of Southern Metropolis Daily Interpreted as Nobel Tribute
- 2010.12.09 Soviet Nobel Stories Offer Hope to China’s Liu
- 2010.12.07 CDT Launches the Grass-Mud Horse Lexicon
- 2010.12.06 Golden Shield Music
- 2010.12.03 Satire: Jokes About North Korea From Chinese Netizens
- 2010.11.14 “Party Secretary’s Diary” Revealing Details of Local Officialdom Banned from Internet
- 2010.11.11 Understand Al-Qaeda, Understand China.
- 2010.11.11 That Nobel Invite? Mr. Malware Sent It.
- 2010.11.10 David Cameron Tells China: Embrace Freedom and the Rule of Law
- 2010.11.04 China Urges Europeans to Snub Nobel Ceremony
- 2010.11.04 Google CEO: China’s Internet Censorship will Fail in Time
- 2010.11.03 Francesco Sisci: Liang Congjie – China’s ‘green’ Cassandra
- 2010.10.31 University of Cambridge: The Digital Revolution and its Futures: a Symposium
- 2010.10.19 中国副外长傅莹质疑诺贝尔和平奖授予刘晓波
- 2010.10.15 Zhang Minchang: Liu Xiaobo Wins the Nobel Peace Prize: A Victory for Universal Values*!
- 2010.10.15 Edward Steinfeld : Where China Is Headed
- 2010.10.14 China’s Unwanted Nobel Prize
- 2010.10.12 Daniel Blumenthal: Liu’s Nobel Proves China is More Than its Rulers
- 2010.10.10 Julia Lovell: Beijing Values the Nobels. That’s Why This Hurts