January 2, 2015 2:59 PM
anti-censorship tools Apple Baidu bloggers book reviews cartoons censorship copyright corporate responsibility cybersecurity economic growth Europe Facebook Fang Binxing foreign companies foreign IT companies Google Googlecn Great Firewall Green Dam hacking intellectual property rights Internet censorship Internet control Internet development Internet freedom Internet regulation Internet security investment IT industry Microsoft Netizen Voices political prisoners press freedom search engines self-censorship Shanghai Shi Tao sina sina weibo social media social networking social unrest Twitter U.S. Congress U.S. human rights views of China WTO Xiao Qiang Yahoo
Landed in Beijing to find pollution isn't too bad today but Gmail can't download on phone without VPN. China becomes more unwelcoming. — Edward Wong (@comradewong) December 29, 2014At the New York Times, Edward Wong and Kiki Zhao report that the Chinese government has blocked third-party access to Google’s Gmail, a method used by many in China to more reliably access the email service: The blocking began last Friday and has ignited anger and frustration
December 29, 2014 3:53 PM
The Wall Street Journal reports that exiled Chinese writer Liao Yiwu’s Facebook account has been suspended: Liao Yiwu, who lives in Berlin,
While in Hong Kong for the annual Wikimania conference, Wikipedia co-founder Jimmy Wales told the Wall Street Journal that he will not censor his
August 13, 2013 2:21 PM
As Facebook is set the launch the most-anticipated IPO in years, observers are wondering if and when the company will attempt to enter the China
May 17, 2012 1:30 PM
- More Than Just Great Firewall Awaits Facebook...
- China's Apple Fans Lament Cult Figure Jo...
- New York Times: Enabling China
- Donald Clarke: Who Owns the Chinese Internet?
- Clashing Values Could Trip Facebook as it Tip...
- China’s Social Network RenRen is no Facebook
- What’s Really Going On With Facebook’s China ...
- Facebook Could Block Content To Enter China
- New Book on Google Shows Gaffes in China
- Google Losing Ground in China
- Google’s Future in China Uncertain
- Groupon Chases China
- Analysis: A Year after China Retreat, Google ...
- Myspace China Makes Staff Cuts, CEO Leaves
- Why Mark Zuckerberg Came to China and Why Fac...
- Mark Zuckerberg Meets Chinese Businessmen, bu...
- Google Reaffirms Commitment To China
- Mark Zuckerberg On Facebook’s Strategy For Ch...