A Financial Times investigation has found that Apple supplier Pegatron illegally pressed students into assembling iPhone 12s at a factory outside of Shanghai. Apple blamed its contractor for coercing the students to violate...
by Josh Rudolph | Sep 25, 2014
Foxconn, the manufacturing contractor responsible for assembling as much as 40% of the...
by Sophie Beach | Apr 16, 2013
The New York Times won four Pulitzer Prizes yesterday, two of which were reported from China: David Barboza’s groundbreaking investigative report on the wealth of the family of then Premier Wen Jiabao, and a series jointly...
by Anne Henochowicz | Dec 19, 2012
In partnership with the China Copyright and Media blog, CDT is adding the “Beijing Internet...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”