A Financial Times investigation has found that Apple supplier Pegatron illegally pressed students into assembling iPhone 12s at a factory outside of Shanghai. Apple blamed its contractor for coercing the students to violate...
by Josh Rudolph | Sep 25, 2014
Foxconn, the manufacturing contractor responsible for assembling as much as 40% of the...
by Sophie Beach | Apr 16, 2013
The New York Times won four Pulitzer Prizes yesterday, two of which were reported from China: David Barboza’s groundbreaking investigative report on the wealth of the family of then Premier Wen Jiabao, and a series jointly...
by Anne Henochowicz | Dec 19, 2012
In partnership with the China Copyright and Media blog, CDT is adding the “Beijing Internet...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms