A Financial Times investigation has found that Apple supplier Pegatron illegally pressed students into assembling iPhone 12s at a factory outside of Shanghai. Apple blamed its contractor for coercing the students to violate...
by Josh Rudolph | Sep 25, 2014
Foxconn, the manufacturing contractor responsible for assembling as much as 40% of the...
by Sophie Beach | Apr 16, 2013
The New York Times won four Pulitzer Prizes yesterday, two of which were reported from China: David Barboza’s groundbreaking investigative report on the wealth of the family of then Premier Wen Jiabao, and a series jointly...
by Anne Henochowicz | Dec 19, 2012
In partnership with the China Copyright and Media blog, CDT is adding the “Beijing Internet...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods