A 10,000 person protest in Budapest may have derailed a landmark Belt and Road Initiative project in the Hungarian capital: a satellite campus of China’s prestigious Fudan University. At Reuters, Anita Komuves covered the...
by John Chan | May 21, 2021
Members of the European Parliament voted overwhelmingly in favor of suspending talks on a landmark investment agreement with China, effectively putting ratification of the agreement on indefinite hold. The Comprehensive...
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 18, 2018
Xi Jinping’s Belt and Road Initiative, a trillion dollar-plus, 65-nation trade and...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 22, 2017
Last week offered one demonstration of the application of China’s growing economic leverage...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods