As the industry for stem cell research grows, the Health Ministry has shut down unapproved stem cell treatments. The ministry is attempting to regulate the industry through this order and a year-long campaign against...
Mar 18, 2008
NPR’s Louisa Lim reports on Morning Edition that American tourists are traveling to China in greater numbers not for the Great Wall or the Xi’an soldiers, but for experimental medical treatments not offered back...
Jan 5, 2008
With the government cracking down last year on easy organ transplants for foreigners, the Associated Press comes out with a detailed look at the next biggest trend in medical tourism to China: stem cell treatment for desperate nerve disorder patients. Via Newsday: Jim Savage, a Houston man with paralysis from a spinal cord injury, says […]
CDT in the News
- MIT Technology Review – Now China wants to censor online comments
- The Globe and Mail – Shanghai leaves lockdown after two months, but ‘zero COVID’ policy remains
- WION – Shanghai residents spent 2 months ‘locked’ up, but China bans media from calling it a ‘lockdown’
- The Independent – Shanghai prohibits media from using the term ‘lockdown’
- Guardian – Shanghai reportedly bans media use of the term ‘lockdown’ as lockdown ends