The Word of the Week comes from the Grass-Mud Horse Lexicon, a glossary of terms created by...
by Sophie Beach | Mar 21, 2013
With the new administration now firmly installed in Zhongnanhai, expectations are high that President Xi Jinping will follow up on his rhetoric to implement substantive reforms to combat corruption, a pervasive wealth gap, and...
by Anne Henochowicz | Mar 14, 2013
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been leaked and distributed online. Central Propaganda Department: Regarding the incident of dead pigs floating in the Huangpu River, the...
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo