PRI’s The World profiles the Beijing punk band P.K. 14. Listen to the report here: The band is called ‘P.K. 14′, and its music has been called post-punk. But its lead singer says he’s been influenced by everything from Bob...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 17, 2009
For Danwei, Nick Frisch reviews two recent Chinese music events in New York in recent weeks: A show by indie bands PK14 and Carsick Cars, and a festival celebrating intersections between Chinese and Western musical traditions at...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms