March 27, 2014 1:40 PM
1989 protests 2008 Sichuan earthquake activists Aegean Sea Ai Weiwei Ai Weiwei detention 2011 Charter 08 Chen Guangcheng China Democracy Party Ching Cheong corruption defending rights dissidents freedom of expression Gao Zhisheng house arrest Hu Jia human rights activists human rights conditions Ilham Tohti Internet censorship john kamm lawyers Liu Xiaobo Li Yuanlong Lu gengsong media censorship new york times Nobel Peace Prize Olympics human rights political prisoners press freedom Shi Tao state secrets subversion Tan Zuoren Tibet tibet politics torture Uyghurs writers Wu Hao Xinjiang Yahoo Yang Zili Zeng Jinyan Zhang Jianhong Zhao Yan Zhou Yongjun Zhu Yufu
April 6, 2014 1:47 PM
For his latest cartoon, Badiucao honors activist Tan Zuoren, who was just released after serving a five-year prison term for “inciting
Badiucao honors human rights activist Cao Shunli, who died in prison from various ailments after authorities denied her medical treatment. Cao
March 14, 2014 10:27 PM
After Uyghur scholar Ilham Tohti was formally charged with “separatism” after more than a month in detention, Al Jazeera reports
March 4, 2014 4:14 PM
- Detained Activist On Brink of Death Denied Ca...
- Ilham Tohti Charged with Separatism
- Hong Kong Publisher Held on Mainland China
- Cards For Humanity: Chinese Dissident Deck Re...
- China: US Has No Right to Comment on Activist...
- Officials Thwart US Doc’s Bid to Visit ...
- Xu Zhiyong Formally Arrested
- Hua Ze: Misrule of Law
- Liu Xiaobo’s Brother-in-Law Sentenced
- Hexie Farm (蟹农场): Speech is Not a Crime
- China Rights Lawyer Allowed Visit by Family
- China ‘Detains Tibetan Writer’
- Zhu Yufu Sentenced to Seven Years
- China Dissident Tried over Skype Messages, Po...
- China Set to Punish Another Human Rights Acti...
- Dissident Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison
- Ai Weiwei: The Voice Of Treason
- China’s Jailed Nobel Laureate One Year Later