August 21, 2015 9:46 AM
2008 Sichuan earthquake activists air pollution Ai Weiwei Beijing blogs CCP censorship climate change coal corruption Directives from the Ministry of Truth economic growth education exports food safety foreign companies freedom of expression Google Guangdong Hu Jintao India industrial pollution Internet censorship Japan journalism media censorship media conditions migrant workers military Ministry of Truth nationalism Netizen Voices oil online public opinion photos pollution propaganda protests public health Shanghai Sichuan sina weibo Tiananmen Square Tibet United States videos water pollution weibo Xinjiang
December 12, 2014 5:09 PM
As officials deal with public worry over toxic fallout from the massive explosions at a chemical storage facility near the Tianjin port last week,
The Guardian has published a visually rich multimedia story on coal in China. From the intro: Chinese miners last year dug up 3.87bn tonnes
June 5, 2015 6:55 PM
Over the weekend, thousands of residents of Boluo County, Guangdong took to the streets to protest a planned garbage incinerator, which they feared
September 14, 2014 9:58 PM
- Lack of Transparency Fuels Environmental Prot...
- This Week on CDT, April 18, 2014
- Badiucao (巴丢草): Toxic Water
- Rush For Bottled Water After Benzene Scare
- China’s Poisonous Waterways
- Is China’s Pork Consumption Hurting The...
- China’s Environment in 2013
- 2014: 10 China Stories On The Horizon
- China’s Dam Boom “a Faustian Bargain...
- Upper Yangtze Ecology “Collapses”
- Water in China: Desperate Measures
- Thousands of Dead Fish Found After Toxic Spil...
- Mining Tibet, Poisoning China
- Abandoned Steel Mills Threaten Public Health
- Foxconn Accused of Wastewater Pollution
- Rural Pollution: China’s Bad Earth
- Guangxi River Pollution Highlights Broader Is...
- Chinese Journalists Honored with Environmenta...