Popular online writer Shen Maohua, who writes under the pen name Wei Zhou, is known for his trenchant and often humorous essays, lively social media comments sections, and occasional brushes with platform censors. In this...
Jun 8, 2015
On the Sinica podcast, Ian Johnson joins Kaiser Kuo, Jeremy Goldkorn, and David Moser to discuss...
Nov 28, 2013
Paul French explores eponymous adjectives for China beyond the familiar Orwellian and Huxleyite....
Jul 12, 2010
The Los Angeles Times looks that the ways technology is usurping the written Chinese language: Almost any Chinese person you meet will confess to a lapse of memory, almost like a senior moment. The hand clutching the pen or...
CDT in the News
- Turquoise Roof – Weaponising Big Data: Decoding China’s Digital Surveillance in Tibet
- VOA – Chinese Netizens Criticize Government on US Embassy’s Weibo Post
- China Global South Project – What Do Namibian Giraffes Have To Do With the Chinese Economy? Ask Weibo
- Washington Post – As falling stocks draw criticism in China, censors struggle to keep up
- NYT – China’s Censorship Dragnet Targets Critics of the Economy