作者： Sophie Beach
Sophie Beach lives in Berkeley, California. She previously served as senior research associate for Asia at the Committee to Protect Journalists, a New York-based press freedom organization. She received her master's degree from the School of International and Public Affairs at Columbia University. Her writing about China has been published in the Los Angeles Times, the Asian Wall Street Journal, the South China Morning Post, The Nation magazine, and other publications.
Heavy Metal band "Hollow" performs at Harley's in Shanghai, by monkeyking
Christmas eve at Xujiahui Cathedral, Shanghai, by monkeyking
- 2006.04.18 Photo: A man reads a newspaper on a curb in Beijing, by moontan
- 2006.04.13 Photo: Woman sells hair clips at Dongmen Market in Shenzhen, by Natalie Behring
- 2006.04.10 Photo: Children in the Yaozu municipality in Guangdong province, via photo.xitek.com/
- 2006.04.07 Photo: An old woman carries wood in Liannan, Guangdong Province, via photo.xitek.com.
- 2006.04.06 Photo: An old man walks with birdcages, a traditional hobby for the elderly, in central Beijing, by Natalie Behring
- 2006.04.03 Photo: Migrant workers at a Shanghai construction site in the wee hours of the morning, by monkeyking via flickr
- 2006.03.31 Photo: Sheep grazing near mountains in Tibet, by monkeyking
- 2006.03.31 Photo: Sheep grazing near mountains in Tibet, by monkeyking.
- 2006.03.20 Photo: A Korean protester at the WTO meeting in Hong Kong, December 2005, by monkeyking
- 2006.03.09 Photo: “Give me back my human rights”: A housing eviction protester in Shanghai, by monkeyking
- 2006.02.28 Photo: An old mountain man grimaces in pain in Guizhou, Guiyang province
- 2006.02.16 Photo: A 71 year old housing eviction protester in Shanghai displays photos and documents related to her housing case, by Monkeyking.