作者： Sophie Beach
Sophie Beach is CDT's Executive Editor. She lives in Berkeley, California.
Photo: Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao (L) walks with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe (R) past an honour guard at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing October 8
Wen Jiabao (L) with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe on October 8, by Natalie Behring.
Children in a rural school listen attentively in class, via fengniao
- 2006.09.29 Photo: Taking a drive on a snowy day, via fengniao
- 2006.09.27 Photo: A man accuses officials in Anhui of corruption in front of a courthouse in Beijing.
- 2006.09.26 Photo: A man rides an escalator in Shanghai
- 2006.09.25 Photo: A young bicycle cart driver rests leaning against a wall in the center of Yantai
- 2006.09.24 Photo: A calling booth in the Shanghai train station
- 2006.09.20 Photo: A child stands outside his home, in a small street in the center of Yantai
- 2006.09.20 Photo: Two men sit on a street in Yantai, by china.sixty4
- 2006.09.18 Photo: A magazine vendor in western Beijing, by Natalie Behring.
- 2006.08.31 Photo: A man waits on the street in Guilin, Guangxi Province, by china.sixty4
- 2006.08.29 Photo: An elderly couple have lunch on the stoop in front of their home in Jingdezhen, by Natalie Behring
- 2006.08.27 Photo: A cityscape in Yantai, Shandong Province, by china.sixty4
- 2006.08.12 Photo: Horseback riders in Shangri-la, Yunnan Province, by Vivian Fung
- 2006.08.10 Photo: A rural school in Wuyuan, jiangxi province, via www.xitek.com.
- 2006.08.09 Photo: Rock band Subs perform in Shanghai, by monkeyking
- 2006.08.08 Photo: A man in Guilin carries chickens in a basket, by china.sixty4
- 2006.08.04 Photo: Mao and hot pants, in Dandong, by Natalie Behring
- 2006.08.01 Photo: Women do most of the labor in Baisha, a strictly matriarchal society. Baisha is one of the oldest Naxi villages in Yunnan.
- 2006.08.01 Photo: Men lazily play cards in a small “back street” in central Guilin, Guangxi province
- 2006.07.13 Photo: An apartment building near Dongzhimen in Beijing, by Natalie Behring.
- 2006.07.12 Photo: An army officer in a market in Shanghai, by monkeyking
- 2006.06.26 Photo: Monks in Tibet hold a religious debate, via www.xitek.com.
- 2006.06.23 Photo: A fisherman returning home on Zhoushan Island
- 2006.06.22 Photo: A smoker takes a break next to an advertisement for the 2008 Summer Olympics, by Natalie Behring
- 2006.06.21 Photo: Parents waiting for students taking the national college entrance exam in LongJiang county, Heilongjiang province, via fengniao.com
- 2006.06.08 Photo: At a trade show for Filipino products in Shanghai, by monkeyking
- 2006.05.25 Photo: Migrant workers at a construction site in the wee hours of the morning, Shanghai, by monkeyking
- 2006.05.23 Photo: Chinese soldiers carry tools while marching in central Beijing, by Natalie Behring
- 2006.05.22 Photo: Students in Zoige School, in Qinghai province, via www.xitek.com.
- 2006.05.15 Photo: Honor guard practice in front of the Forbidden City in Beijing, by Natalie Behring
- 2006.05.09 Photo: A worshipper at a church in Shanghai, by monkeyking
- 2006.05.04 Photo: Heavy Metal band “Hollow” performs at Harley’s in Shanghai, by monkeyking
- 2006.05.03 Photo: Christmas eve at Xujiahui Cathedral, Shanghai, by monkeyking
- 2006.04.18 Photo: A man reads a newspaper on a curb in Beijing, by moontan
- 2006.04.13 Photo: Woman sells hair clips at Dongmen Market in Shenzhen, by Natalie Behring
- 2006.04.10 Photo: Children in the Yaozu municipality in Guangdong province, via photo.xitek.com/
- 2006.04.07 Photo: An old woman carries wood in Liannan, Guangdong Province, via photo.xitek.com.
- 2006.04.06 Photo: An old man walks with birdcages, a traditional hobby for the elderly, in central Beijing, by Natalie Behring
- 2006.04.03 Photo: Migrant workers at a Shanghai construction site in the wee hours of the morning, by monkeyking via flickr
- 2006.03.31 Photo: Sheep grazing near mountains in Tibet, by monkeyking
- 2006.03.31 Photo: Sheep grazing near mountains in Tibet, by monkeyking.