From China Digital Space
The best of CDT longform translation.
- 1 Topics
- 2 Authors
- Love, a Decisive Moment by Li Jingrui (February 23, 2016)
- On the New Citizens Movement by Xu Zhiyong (May 13, 2013)
- Should I Just Shut Up? by Hung Huang (October 22, 2012)
- I Signed My Name After a Good Cry! by Tang Xiaozhao (Persian Xiaozhao) (January 11, 2009)
Encounters with the State
- Defense Statement at Pu Zhiqiang's Trial by Shang Baojun (December 14, 2015)
- A Year as a Wife by Jiang Xue (October 8, 2015)
- That Year, These Years: Stories of June Fourth by Li Xuewen (June 25, 2012)
- A June Deserter by Deserter (June 11, 2009)
- Fire Between Dark and Cold by Tang Danhong (January 9, 2013)
- Tibet: Her Pain, My Shame by Tang Danhong (March 23, 2008)
- Ten Notes on Taipei by Wang Yiqiao (February 5, 2016)
- The Taiwan You Can See by Li Chengpeng (February 10, 2014)
- How Far Can I Go? And How Much Can I Do? by He Xiaoxin (August 15, 2015)
Rich and Poor
- Cruising the World: 600 Chinese Taste "La Dolce Vita" by Li Meiling (June 11, 2015)
- The Monthly Expenses of a Migrant Worker by Karer (January 25, 2006)
Past and Present
- Mr. President, There is Sadness Behind the Scenery by Yu Jianrong (November 30, 2015)
Deserter is an anonymous blogger.
He Xiaoxin 和小欣
He Xiaoxin is a photojournalist in Beijing.
Hung Huang 洪晃
Jiang Xue 江雪
Jiang Xue is a reporter for the Hong Kong-based Asia Weekly (亞洲週刊).
Karer is a blogger.
Li Chengpeng 李承鹏
A sports commentator turned social critic, Li Chengpeng is the author of several books, including "The Whole World Knows" (全世界人民都知道). In 2013, when he was instructed not to speak at a book signing, Li wore a face mask in silent protest. He had a strong following on social media until his Weibo account and Sina blog were purged in 2014.
Li Jingrui 李静睿
Li Jingrui is a columnist for Dajia and author of the novel "Small Town Girl" (小镇的姑娘).
Li Meiling 李媚玲
Li Meiling is a senior editor for the online news site Jiemian.
Li Xuewen 黎学文
Li Xuewen lives in Beijing.
Shang Baojun 尚宝军
Shang Baojun is an attorney at the Beijing Mo Shaoping Law Firm. He represented rights defense lawyer Pu Zhiqiang in 2015.
Tang Danhong 唐丹鸿
Tang Xiaozhao 唐小昭
Wang Yiqiao is a PhD candidate in constitutional law at Indiana University. He blogs under the penname Sanjin (三斤).
Xu Zhiyong 许志永
Xu Zhiyong is one of China's most important rights defense lawyers. He is a co-founder of the Open Constitution Initiative (Gongmeng). After he was sentenced to four years in prison for "disturbing public order," he told the court that its judgment "wiped out the Chinese legal system’s last shred of dignity," according to his lawyer Zhang Qingfang.