From China Digital Space
- 1 Categories
- 2 Authors
- 2.1 Ai Weiwei 艾未未
- 2.2 Deserter 逃兵
- 2.3 Han Han 韩寒
- 2.4 He Xiaoxin 和小欣
- 2.5 Hung Huang 洪晃
- 2.6 Jiang Xue 江雪
- 2.7 Karer
- 2.8 Li Chengpeng 李承鹏
- 2.9 Li Jingrui 李静睿
- 2.10 Li Meiling 李媚玲
- 2.11 Li Xuewen 黎学文
- 2.12 Li Zhi 李志
- 2.13 Luo Yonghao 罗永浩
- 2.14 Shang Baojun 尚宝军
- 2.15 Tang Danhong 唐丹鸿
- 2.16 Tang Xiaozhao 唐小昭
- 2.17 Wang Jianguo 王建国
- 2.18 Wang Yiqiao
- 2.19 Xu Zhiyong 许志永
- 2.20 Yu Jianrong 于建嵘
- School Congratulates Straight Engagement, But Won't Let Gay Fiancées Graduate? by Wang Xiaoyu (June 29, 2016)
- Love, a Decisive Moment by Li Jingrui (February 23, 2016)
- On the New Citizens Movement by Xu Zhiyong (May 13, 2013)
- Should I Just Shut Up? by Hung Huang (October 22, 2012)
- We Are All Shareholders of Our Country by Li Chengpeng (June 16, 2011)
- I Signed My Name After a Good Cry! by Tang Xiaozhao (Persian Xiaozhao) (January 11, 2009)
- How Far Can I Go? And How Much Can I Do? by He Xiaoxin (August 15, 2015)
- The True Story of the Miracle Survival of the Students and Teachers of Longhan Elementary School in Beichuan by Li Chengpeng (May 19, 2008)
Encounters with the State
- On the Week Since My Open Letter by Yue Xin (April 30, 2018)
- Defense Statement at Pu Zhiqiang's Trial by Shang Baojun (December 14, 2015)
- A Year as a Wife by Jiang Xue (October 8, 2015)
- The Liberation of Shifang by Han Han (July 2, 2012)
- That Year, These Years: Stories of June Fourth by Li Xuewen (June 25, 2012)
- A June Deserter by Deserter (June 11, 2009)
Past and Present
- Mr. President, There is Sadness Behind the Scenery by Yu Jianrong (November 30, 2015)
- Let the Sunshine In by Han Han (April 29, 2010)
- We Are Ready by Ai Weiwei (January 1, 2008)
- Old Luo's New Year Wish List by Luo Yonghao (January 26, 2006)
- In Addition by Li Zhi (March 25, 2010)
Rich and Poor
- Cruising the World: 600 Chinese Taste "La Dolce Vita" by Li Meiling (June 11, 2015)
- The Monthly Expenses of a Migrant Worker by Karer (January 25, 2006)
- Ten Notes on Taipei by Wang Yiqiao (February 5, 2016)
- The Taiwan You Can See by Li Chengpeng (February 10, 2014)
- Fire Between Dark and Cold by Tang Danhong (January 9, 2013)
- Tibet: Her Pain, My Shame by Tang Danhong (March 23, 2008)
Ai Weiwei 艾未未
Artist and activist Ai Weiwei creates monumental artwork from tiny, individualized pieces, each telling the story of the artist or owner. He is best known for Sunflower Seeds, a sea of hand-painted porcelain seeds, and Remembering, an installation of 9,000 backpacks in homage to the schoolchildren killed in the 2008 Sichuan earthquake. He also helped design the Bird's Nest Stadium, though Ai came to regret his contribution. Ai was put in police custody for 81 days in 2011 after calls for a "jasmine revolution" in China, and spent the next four years deprived of his passport.
Deserter is an anonymous blogger.
Han Han 韩寒
Writer and race car driver Han Han may be the world's most popular blogger.
He Xiaoxin 和小欣
He Xiaoxin is a photojournalist in Beijing.
Hung Huang 洪晃
Jiang Xue 江雪
Jiang Xue is a reporter for the Hong Kong-based Asia Weekly (亞洲週刊).
Karer is a blogger.
Li Chengpeng 李承鹏
A sports commentator turned social critic, Li Chengpeng is the author of several books, including "The Whole World Knows" (全世界人民都知道). In 2013, when he was instructed not to speak at a book signing, Li wore a face mask in silent protest. He had a strong following on social media until his Weibo account and Sina blog were purged in 2014.
- The Taiwan You Can See
- The True Story of the Miracle Survival of the Students and Teachers of Longhan Elementary School in Beichuan
- We Are All Shareholders of Our Country
Li Jingrui 李静睿
Li Jingrui is a columnist for Dajia and author of the novel "Small Town Girl" (小镇的姑娘).
Li Meiling 李媚玲
Li Meiling is a senior editor for the online news site Jiemian.
Li Xuewen 黎学文
Li Xuewen lives in Beijing.
Li Zhi 李志
Li Zhi is a folk rocker from Nanjing known for being politically outspoken early in his career.
Luo Yonghao 罗永浩
Luo Yonghao is an English teacher turned tech entrepreneur. He is the founder and CEO of the smartphone company Smartisan.
Shang Baojun 尚宝军
Shang Baojun is an attorney at the Beijing Mo Shaoping Law Firm. He represented rights defense lawyer Pu Zhiqiang in 2015.
Tang Danhong 唐丹鸿
Tang Xiaozhao 唐小昭
Wang Jianguo 王建国
Wang Jianguo is an economics professor at Peking University.
Wang Yiqiao is a PhD candidate in constitutional law at Indiana University. He blogs under the penname Sanjin (三斤).
Xu Zhiyong 许志永
Xu Zhiyong is one of China's most important rights defense lawyers. He is a co-founder of the Open Constitution Initiative (Gongmeng). After he was sentenced to four years in prison for "disturbing public order," he told the court that its judgment "wiped out the Chinese legal system’s last shred of dignity," according to his lawyer Zhang Qingfang.