April 17, 2014 3:21 PM
2008 Sichuan earthquake billionaires Bloomberg Bo Xilai Caijing CCTV censorship Central Commission for Discipline Inspection china resources citizen journalism civil service Committee to Protect Journalists construction corporate corruption corruption economic observer Evan Osnos Fang Xuanchang foreign correspondents foreign media Great Firewall guanxi hacking He Weifang high-level corruption Hong Kong journalists human rights conditions Hu Shuli inequality Inner Mongolia Internet censorship investigative journalism journalism journalistic ethics journalists journalists arrested journalists conditions journalists in china media censorship media conditions muckraking new york times press freedom self-censorship transparency violence against journalists Wang Keqin wealth gap Wen Jiabao Xi Jinping
January 8, 2014 5:04 PM
Beijing has long exercised control over information by directly supervising official media outlets, issuing censorship directives, and creating
At Poynter, The Washington Post’s William Wan describes pressures on both Chinese and foreign journalists to self-censor—particularly,
January 23, 2014 10:41 PM
Chinese microblogs’ watchdog role has been lionized abroad, and alternately celebrated and lamented by state media. Journalist Yin Yusheng
November 1, 2013 4:58 PM
- Broken Promises in the Fight Against Corrupti...
- Reporting on Trafficked Women in China
- China Resources Audited Following Allegations
- Economic Official Probed for “Violation...
- Veteran Muckraker Wang Keqin Forced to Leave ...
- How Serious is Xi on Corruption?
- HK Proposal Called a Threat to Investigative ...
- Bloomberg: “Revolution to Riches”
- Further Fallout from Wen Family Wealth Exposé
- New York Times Wen Exposé Makes Waves
- Winter at Home, Spring Abroad for Journalists
- China: Balancing a Dream
- Investigating China
- "Quality is Weightier than Mount Tai&quo...
- Journalist's Prison Term Extended; China...
- Caixin Reporter’s Gmail Hacked
- Newspaper’s Investigative Unit Shuttere...
- Trouble for China Economic Times