The following term comes from the Grass-Mud Horse Lexicon, a glossary of terms created by Chinese netizens and encountered in online political discussions. These are the words of China’s online “resistance discourse,” used to...
word of the week
by Josh Rudolph | May 30, 2018
On September 12, 2017, shortly after registering an account on Twitter, @ComYouthLeague tweeted:...
by Josh Rudolph | Mar 2, 2018
The Word of the Week comes from the Grass-Mud Horse Lexicon, a glossary of terms created by...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions