This week, many Chinese netizens, like the rest of the world, have been fixating on a crisis-stricken Afghanistan. The Chinese government has reiterated that it would not “interfere with Afghanistan’s internal affairs,” and that...
word of the week
by Josh Rudolph | Mar 26, 2020
The following term comes from the Grass-Mud Horse Lexicon, a glossary of terms created by Chinese netizens and encountered in online political discussions. These are the words of China’s online “resistance discourse,” used to...
by Josh Rudolph | May 30, 2018
On September 12, 2017, shortly after registering an account on Twitter, @ComYouthLeague tweeted:...
by Josh Rudolph | Mar 2, 2018
The Word of the Week comes from the Grass-Mud Horse Lexicon, a glossary of terms created by...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods