A former journalist, Leta Hong Fincher was the first American to receive a PhD in Sociology from...
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 26, 2017
Between 2005 and 2011, Australian JFK Miller served as editor-in-chief of the Shanghai-based...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 19, 2016
The question of whether authors should accept censorship in exchange for publication within China...
by Natalie Ornell | Aug 30, 2015
Based in Washington, D.C., Liz Carter translates Chinese-language textbooks and writes at A Big...
by Josh Rudolph | Jul 2, 2015
As mounting violence in recent years has led to an ongoing security crackdown in Xinjiang, the...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions