A former journalist, Leta Hong Fincher was the first American to receive a PhD in Sociology from...
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 26, 2017
Between 2005 and 2011, Australian JFK Miller served as editor-in-chief of the Shanghai-based...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 19, 2016
The question of whether authors should accept censorship in exchange for publication within China...
by Natalie Ornell | Aug 30, 2015
Based in Washington, D.C., Liz Carter translates Chinese-language textbooks and writes at A Big...
by Josh Rudolph | Jul 2, 2015
As mounting violence in recent years has led to an ongoing security crackdown in Xinjiang, the...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods