A former journalist, Leta Hong Fincher was the first American to receive a PhD in Sociology from Tsinghua University in Beijing. Her research there led to her first book, “Leftover Women: The Resurgence of Gender Inequality in China,” which examined rising gender inequalities in China...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 19, 2016
The question of whether authors should accept censorship in exchange for publication within China...
by Natalie Ornell | Aug 30, 2015
Based in Washington, D.C., Liz Carter translates Chinese-language textbooks and writes at A Big...
by Josh Rudolph | Jul 2, 2015
As mounting violence in recent years has led to an ongoing security crackdown in Xinjiang, the...
by Josh Rudolph | Sep 23, 2014
As notoriously smoggy cities and a rising yuan seem to be discouraging inbound tourism to mainland...
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo