September 26, 2012 10:21 PM
Apple child labor Christmas development economic growth employment exports factories factory workers Foxconn high-tech human trafficking industrialization industrial pollution June 4th labor conditions labor rights labor unions manufacturing migrant workers new york times nicholas kristof nike Olympics slave labor Taishan Tiananmen Square U.S trade wages Xinjiang
March 5, 2007 11:10 AM
In an open Q&A session at Reddit this week, The New York Times’ Nicholas Kristof discussed his experience covering the Tiananmen protests
Long the ubiquitous source of low-priced goods around the world, China is losing its appeal for foreign manufacturers. From the New York Times:
May 31, 2011 9:49 PM
Global Times has reported the arrest of a man in Xinjiang who allegedly trafficked slave laborers, many of whom are mentally ill: A total of 11 workers,
December 13, 2010 11:29 PM
- A Night at the Electronics Factory
- Confessions of a Sweatshop Inspector
- Child Labor Caution for China Olympics –...
- The Last ‘Competitive Advantage’:...
- The cost of fun – Eric Clark
- Secrets, Lies, And Sweatshops
- FoxConn is not dumb, but downright vicious ...
- FoxConn Sues Newspaper – ESWN
- Inside Apple’s iPod factories – M...
- Shop until they drop: UK stores shocked by co...
- Santa’s Chinese elves – Pallavi A...
- Made In China: Your Job – Bill Weir