August 27, 2014 12:00 AM
Ai Weiwei Barack Obama Beijing Bo Xilai CCP CCTV censorship chinternet Chongqing corruption Global Times Google grass-mud horse Great Firewall guo meimei harmonious society high-speed rail crash Hu Jintao Hu xijin Internet censorship Internet freedom Jiang Yu Liu Xiaobo Mao Zedong meme Ministry of Foreign Affairs Ministry of Truth netizens NPC official corruption people's daily police political humor propaganda Red Cross rich second generation soy sauce stability maintenance surround and watch two sessions Wang Lijun wang yongping weibo Wen Jiabao wenzhou word of the week World of Warcraft Xi Jinping Xinhua yu jie
戴避孕套不算强奸 (dài bìyùntào bú suàn qiángjiān): it’s not rape if you wear a condom A flimsy rebuttal to a rape charge. In
捐你妹 (juān nǐ mèi): donate my ass Literally “donate your sister.” After record rains hit Beijing in June 2012, the Beijing Municipal
August 20, 2014 12:00 AM
墙奸 (qiángjiān): wall-rape What the Great Firewall does to some webpages outside of China. Sounds the same as “rape” (强奸 qiángjiān).
August 13, 2014 8:12 AM
- Woman of the Week: Anti-Corruption Warrior Pr...
- Man of the Week: Master Kang
- Word of the Week: Poison Rice
- Man of the Week: Representative Rui
- Word of the Week: “Great Wall”
- Word of the Week: Stiff Fish
- Person of the Week: Secretary Leung
- Saying of the Week: Smile in Fountains of Boo...
- Word of the Week: Thirty-Fifth of May
- Word of the Week: Small Bunch
- Dish of the Week: Egg Fried Rice
- Word of the Week: Thoracotomy
- World of Warcraft: Cry Against Internet Censo...
- Style of the Week: Hu Zhanfan’s
- Word of the Week: Stable Bottom
- Name of the Week: Blackboard Fox
- Script of the Week: Chrysanthemum
- Slogan of the Week: Smog the People