December 4, 2013 12:00 PM
Ai Weiwei Beijing Bo Xilai CCTV censorship Chongqing Global Times Google grass-mud horse harmonious society high-speed rail crash Hu Jintao Hu xijin Internet censorship Internet freedom Mao Zedong meme Ministry of Truth netizens people's daily police propaganda soy sauce surround and watch wang yongping Wen Jiabao wenzhou Xi Jinping Xinhua yu jie
心神不宁 (xīnshén bùníng): disturbed In the summer of 2009, Google was threatening to withdraw from China, while China was stepping
腊肉 (làròu): cured meat The embalmed body of Mao Zedong has been on display at his mausoleum in the center of Tiananmen Square since
November 27, 2013 12:00 PM
目田 (mù tián) eye-field If two small strokes are added to the top of each of these characters, they become 自由 (zìyóu), “freedom.”
November 20, 2013 12:00 PM
- Word of the Week: Monkey-snake
- Word of the Week: Scale the Wall
- Quote of the Week: “Ma de” in Chi...
- Quote of the Week: “Irresponsible Remar...
- Paper of the Week: Muddled Sh*t Times
- Word of the Week: Entrapment
- Saying of the Week: This post must be deleted...
- Word of the Week: Watered Weasel-Ape
- Word of the Week: Vulgar
- Person of the Week: 80K Brother
- Word of the Week: Slip
- CDT eBook: Grass-Mud Horse Lexicon Classics [...
- Phrase of the Week: Slap on the Face
- Person of the Week: Captain Bo
- Number of the Week: Sixty-Two Percent