July 23, 2014 8:40 AM
Ai Weiwei Barack Obama Beijing Bo Xilai CCP CCTV censorship chinternet Chongqing corruption Global Times Google grass-mud horse Great Firewall harmonious society harmony hexie farm high-speed rail crash Hu Jintao Hu xijin Internet censorship Internet freedom Jiang Yu Liu Xiaobo Mao Zedong meme Ministry of Foreign Affairs Ministry of Truth netizens NPC official corruption people's daily police political humor propaganda rich second generation soy sauce stability maintenance surround and watch two sessions Wang Lijun wang yongping weibo Wen Jiabao wenzhou word of the week World of Warcraft Xi Jinping Xinhua yu jie
毒大米 (dú dàmǐ): poison rice Rice that has been treated with toxic chemicals to increase its marketability. Old rice (陈米 chén mǐ)
芮代表 (Ruì Dàibiǎo): Representative RuiNickname for Rui Chenggang,
July 16, 2014 6:15 AM
伟大的墙 (wěidà de qiáng): great wall Literal translation of the English “Great Wall” (the Mandarin term is 长城 Chángchéng,
July 9, 2014 10:06 AM
- Word of the Week: Stiff Fish
- Person of the Week: Secretary Leung
- Saying of the Week: Smile in Fountains of Boo...
- Word of the Week: Thirty-Fifth of May
- Word of the Week: Small Bunch
- Dish of the Week: Egg Fried Rice
- Word of the Week: Thoracotomy
- World of Warcraft: Cry Against Internet Censo...
- Style of the Week: Hu Zhanfan’s
- Word of the Week: Stable Bottom
- Name of the Week: Blackboard Fox
- Script of the Week: Chrysanthemum
- Slogan of the Week: Smog the People
- Word of the Week: Chinternet
- Word of the Week: Push-ups
- Defunct Agency of the Week: Ministry of Bully...
- Gov’t Agency of the Week: Bureau of D*c...
- Word of the Week: Godfather