CDT has also benefited from the support of UC Berkeley’s Graduate School of Journalism, Institute of East Asian Studies, Boalt School of Law, and Center for Information Technology Research in the Interest of Society (CITRIS) at the College of Engineering. Special thanks also to Jack and Dorothy Edelman, John D. and Catherine MacArthur Foundation, Open Society Institute, Internews, HIVOS International, Open Technology Fund, the Wild Thyme Fund, the National Endowment for Democracy (NED), and an anonymous donor for their generous support over the years. CDT is also grateful for the many donations from our readers.
CDT in the News
- Language Log, UPenn – Typos as a means for circumventing censorship
- ASPI’s Daily Cyber Digest (July 21) – Mention of CDT’s “CCP Seeks Control Over Xinjiang Narrative as Xi Visits the Region”
- Sinocism (July 25, 2022 newsletter) – Taiwan and Pelosi; Vaccinations; Real estate bailout; Xi Thought on Diplomacy
- Politico (China Watcher Newsletter) – Xi’s Online Nicknames Spark Censorship Spree
- Nature – New deepfake regulations in China are a tool for social stability, but at what cost?