Author: josh rudolph
Human trafficking in China is a big business. Humantrafficking.org provides a synopsis of this heinous black market industry, stating that China is a major source and destination for international human trafficking, but that the majority of trafficking activity occurs internally. The summary says that children are often recruited for labor by traffickers who promise that parents
On Tuesday the central government announced that they would raise the rural poverty line from the 2009 per-capita threshold of 1,274 yuan (about $200) to 2,300 yuan (about $360, or just below $1 a day). This means that many more rural residents will be able to take advantage of state poverty subsidies. From AFP: Last year, there were officially 27 million rural poor in China. Wu Guobao,
Most Recent Entries
- 2011.12.01 Progress and Shortcomings in China's Fight Against AIDS
- 2011.11.30 How China's Human Rights Record is Like Michael Jackson
- 2011.11.30 China Bans Advertisements During TV Dramas
- 2011.11.24 "Let Hundreds of Schools Contend"… Wait, What Year Is It?
- 2011.11.24 Organic Farming With Chinese Characteristics
- 2011.11.24 China's Jobless College Graduates
- 2011.11.23 China's Super-Rich Buy a Better Life Abroad
- 2011.11.23 Video: China's Secret Slave Camps
- 2011.11.18 Mysterious Formations in the Gobi Desert (Updated)
- 2011.11.18 What to Make of US Military Presence in the Asia Pacific
- 2011.11.17 Video Interview with Ezra Vogel
- 2011.11.17 America's Incoherent Asia Policy
- 2011.11.17 GE-China Deal: Economic Opportunity Comes With Risks
- 2011.11.10 China's Environmental Ambivalence: Green Leader or Climate Blackmailer?
- 2011.11.10 The Industry of Higher Education
- 2011.11.10 Cracking Down on Counterfeiting
- 2011.11.09 Many Sides to the Solar Panel Debate
- 2011.11.09 G20: Economy Rescue Trumps Panda Loan
- 2011.11.03 China Combats Climate Change
- 2011.11.03 Chinese Supercop to the Silver Screen
- 2011.11.02 The Sick Man of Asia
- 2011.11.02 A Budding Buddhist Revolution?
- 2011.10.27 Immolation, Explosions and Poetry on the Roof of the World
- 2011.10.27 Exchanging Culture, Bettering Relations
- 2011.10.26 Six-Party Talks, Towards the Next Round
- 2011.10.21 Rock n' Roll With Chinese Characteristics
- 2011.10.21 Hit-and-Run Tragedy: Which Ideology to Blame?
- 2011.10.19 Chinese Reflections on Occupy Wall Street
- 2011.10.19 Hollywood Shoot Near Detention Site Under Fire
- 2011.10.19 Weibo: The Death of the Pseudonym?
- 2011.10.12 China and Canada: An Economic Friendship
- 2011.10.10 A Century After Xinhai: Whose Revolution?
- 2011.10.06 The Heavenly Palace: China and the Final Frontier
- 2011.10.05 Obama Fried Chicken