CDT’s Year in Review. Thanks to Paulina Hartono. (Roll mouse over slides to see links.)
by Xiao Qiang | Dec 16, 2008
“Each year, China’s intellectuals get together and come up with one Chinese character that sums up the entire 12 months. Last year, it was zhang, which means “prices go up”. This year, the character is...
by sjia | Dec 11, 2008
This next installment in the CDT series on important issues facing China in 2008 concerns China’s domestic market. See also previous China 2008 articles: China and the Developing World, Nationalism, Internet Culture, and...
by Beau Rowland | Dec 9, 2008
This next article in the CDT series on important issues facing China in 2008 focuses on the revaluation of the Chinese currency, the yuan (or renminbi). See also previous posts on Nationalism, the Developing World, the Global...
by Jenny Leung | Dec 4, 2008
This is a continuation of the series on CDT relating to relevant China issues in 2008. This article deals with Chinese Nationalism and Internet Culture. Please see also previous posts on the Developing World. Chinese nationalism...
by Sophie Beach | Jun 4, 2008
Reuters looks at the generation born in the 1980s, who are coming of age just as China confronts a series of challenges, from global protests around China’s hosting of the Olympics, to natural disasters including...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions