China Media Project’s Ying Chan summarizes the major news stories in China in 2010 and the limits on Chinese journalists’ ability to reflect on the news: The first hints of trouble for news retrospectives and similar...
by Sophie Beach | Jan 6, 2011
Jeffrey Wasserstrom sums up the best posts about China from around the web in 2010: I have come up with a dozen that seem particularly worth reading — or re-reading if you caught them the first time around — and then...
by Sophie Beach | Dec 20, 2010
For Miller-McCune, Jeffrey Wasserstrom sums up China books that came out in 2010: The first thing to note about recent books on post-post-Cold War realities is that some bear the stamp of old ways of thinking. This is to be...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China