China Media Project’s Ying Chan summarizes the major news stories in China in 2010 and the limits on Chinese journalists’ ability to reflect on the news: The first hints of trouble for news retrospectives and similar...
by Sophie Beach | Jan 6, 2011
Jeffrey Wasserstrom sums up the best posts about China from around the web in 2010: I have come up with a dozen that seem particularly worth reading — or re-reading if you caught them the first time around — and then...
by Sophie Beach | Dec 20, 2010
For Miller-McCune, Jeffrey Wasserstrom sums up China books that came out in 2010: The first thing to note about recent books on post-post-Cold War realities is that some bear the stamp of old ways of thinking. This is to be...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods