The E.U., U.K., U.S., and Canada on March 22 announced targeted sanctions against a handful of Chinese officials linked to human rights abuses in Xinjiang, and a week of angry retaliation against politicians, diplomats, and...
by Joseph Brouwer | Mar 26, 2021
Earlier last week, the European Union, the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States announced joint sanctions on the Chinese government for its Xinjiang policies. In turn, the PRC sanctioned a number of European Union...
E.U. and Allies Sanction PRC Officials for Xinjiang Abuses; China Retaliates Against Politicians, Diplomats, Academics
by John Chan | Mar 22, 2021
The European Union, U.S., U.K., and Canada announced sanctions on Monday against Chinese officials linked to human rights abuses in Xinjiang, in a move that was met with swift retaliation from Beijing. Responding to the...
by John Chan | Feb 17, 2021
A growing number of voices are calling for a boycott of the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics. While discussion among Western countries about a boycott has circulated for months, voices in favor of a boycott have grown stronger in...
by Josh Rudolph | Jul 28, 2015
On Friday July 31, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) will meet in Kuala Lumpur to elect...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms