In August, news that Cambridge University Press had agreed to hide a haphazardly compiled list of...
by Josh Rudolph | May 22, 2013
The complex technical and legislative framework to restrict and monitor information in cyberspace has been in the works since the Internet arrived in China in 1994. The infamous system brings together an array of censorship...
by Josh Rudolph | Mar 7, 2013
A recently released study by U.S.-based computer scientists surveys censorship on the popular Chinese social networking platform Sina Weibo. A summary of the study by MIT Technology Review explains the methodology used to...
CDT in the News
- Human Rights Watch – Chinese Cyber Legend Vanishes, Raising Concerns
- PRI The World – Front row seat at China’s 100th anniversary celebrations
- Mind Matters – Chinese Communist Party: 100 Years of Erasing, Rewriting History
- The Jamestown Foundation – The 2021 Party History Study Campaign Stresses Revolution and Sacrifice
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’