In August, news that Cambridge University Press had agreed to hide a haphazardly compiled list of...
by Josh Rudolph | May 22, 2013
The complex technical and legislative framework to restrict and monitor information in cyberspace has been in the works since the Internet arrived in China in 1994. The infamous system brings together an array of censorship...
by Josh Rudolph | Mar 7, 2013
A recently released study by U.S.-based computer scientists surveys censorship on the popular Chinese social networking platform Sina Weibo. A summary of the study by MIT Technology Review explains the methodology used to...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms