The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
Dec 1, 2013
In a letter to Beijing You’an Hospital on World AIDS Day, Premier Li Keqiang “stressed...
Mar 30, 2005
From People’s Daily: The Chinese Health Ministry will launch a nationwide system to collect AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome) information through the Internet from county health authorities this month, moving away from the old method of collecting paper reports that went through a hierarchy of authorities.
CDT in the News
- Turquoise Roof – Weaponising Big Data: Decoding China’s Digital Surveillance in Tibet
- VOA – Chinese Netizens Criticize Government on US Embassy’s Weibo Post
- China Global South Project – What Do Namibian Giraffes Have To Do With the Chinese Economy? Ask Weibo
- Washington Post – As falling stocks draw criticism in China, censors struggle to keep up
- NYT – China’s Censorship Dragnet Targets Critics of the Economy