Chinese conglomerate Dalian Wanda Group is planning to expand its entertainment business into the United States, but boss Wang Jianlin’s ambitions of a share in mainstream Hollywood productions are not developing smoothly....
by Scott Greene | Aug 28, 2012
From investments in energy, property, entertainment and other sectors, David Pierson and Don Lee of The Los Angeles Times report that Chinese firms have been snapping up U.S. assets at a record pace: With U.S. real estate prices...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods