Following the seizure of two Chinese fishing vessels by the Argentinian coast guard on Wednesday and a series of incidents in waters closer to home, Chuin-Wei Yap and Sameer Mohindru report at The Wall Street Journal on...
by Melissa M. Chan | Jun 24, 2012
For the first time in 27 years, Wen Jiabao, is visiting Argentina to discuss the importation of corn into China. From Bloomberg Businessweek: Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao will spend three days in Argentina from tomorrow as part of...
by Sophie Beach | Apr 11, 2008
The New York Times reports on a relatively quiet leg of the Olympic torch relay through Buenos Aires, Argentina, where protests were minimal: Many Argentines were pleased that they had pulled off what such first-world cities as...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms