Following the seizure of two Chinese fishing vessels by the Argentinian coast guard on Wednesday and a series of incidents in waters closer to home, Chuin-Wei Yap and Sameer Mohindru report at The Wall Street Journal on...
by Melissa M. Chan | Jun 24, 2012
For the first time in 27 years, Wen Jiabao, is visiting Argentina to discuss the importation of corn into China. From Bloomberg Businessweek: Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao will spend three days in Argentina from tomorrow as part of...
by Sophie Beach | Apr 11, 2008
The New York Times reports on a relatively quiet leg of the Olympic torch relay through Buenos Aires, Argentina, where protests were minimal: Many Argentines were pleased that they had pulled off what such first-world cities as...
CDT in the News
- Mind Matters – #WhereIsPengShuai: China’s Star Tennis Player Went Missing
- The New York Times – China’s Silence on Peng Shuai Shows the Limits of Beijing’s Propaganda
- The Hindu – What happened to Chinese tennis star Peng Shuai?
- Vice – How China Managed to Wipe Out All Mentions of Its Most Explosive #MeToo Case
- WSJ – China’s Response to Peng Shuai Allegations Follows Familiar Pattern