In a Christmas special at The Economist, Gady Epstein explores China’s brush with democracy a hundred years ago, and the single shot that may have ended it. AT 10.40pm on March 20th 1913 a young man who represented one...
by dwang | Jun 23, 2009
One of two men from mainland China was formally charged in court on Monday for plotting to assassinate Martin Lee, one of Hong Kong’s leading democrats. From The China Post: The alleged plot was directed at veteran...
by dwang | May 31, 2009
Two men have been charged for plotting to assassinate Martin Lee, one of Hong Kong’s leading advocates for democracy. From AFP: The plot to kill Lee, a veteran activist and long-time critic of Beijing, was revealed on...
CDT in the News
- Human Rights Watch – Chinese Cyber Legend Vanishes, Raising Concerns
- PRI The World – Front row seat at China’s 100th anniversary celebrations
- Mind Matters – Chinese Communist Party: 100 Years of Erasing, Rewriting History
- The Jamestown Foundation – The 2021 Party History Study Campaign Stresses Revolution and Sacrifice
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’