The New York Times describes problems facing Chinese search giant Baidu, including its changing relationship with the authorities following Google’s withdrawal. The company has gained a reputation in the West for censoring...
Mar 29, 2011
In Forbes, Gady Epstein writes about the current controversy over Baidu’s Wenku (Library) service, which allows users to download copyrighted protected books: Baidu’s billionaire co-founder and CEO Robin Li, the richest...
Mar 27, 2011
Blogger Han Han weighs in on the copyright scandal plaguing Baidu and its CEO, Robin Li, the richest man in China. Translated by Han Han Digest, a blog which aggregates translations of Han Han’s work: Yesterday,...
CDT in the News
- Sky News – Chinese state media appears to censor one of its own videos
- The Guardian – Chinese state media censors itself after highlighting poem about corrupt leaders
- ASPI Daily Tech and Cyber Digest – Meta’s ‘biggest single takedown’ removes Chinese influence campaign | Japan’s cyber security agency suffers months-long breach | FBI, partners dismantle Qakbot infrastructure
- Atlantic Council – Chinese discourse power: Capabilities and impact
- VOA – Chinese Social Media Platforms Fail to Control Racism Against Black People: Report