Anyone who has spent time in Beijing in recent years knows how difficult it can be to flag down a cab in the massive metropolis, especially during the city’s infamously congested rush hours. One reason for the apparent...
by Paulina Hartono | Sep 19, 2009
The following covers the controversial arrest of a driver in Shanghai, pseudonym Zhang Jun, who gave a ride to a stranger who claimed to have stomach pains. Dubbed “fishing-gate,” the incident is currently one of the...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms