Anyone who has spent time in Beijing in recent years knows how difficult it can be to flag down a cab in the massive metropolis, especially during the city’s infamously congested rush hours. One reason for the apparent...
by Paulina Hartono | Sep 19, 2009
The following covers the controversial arrest of a driver in Shanghai, pseudonym Zhang Jun, who gave a ride to a stranger who claimed to have stomach pains. Dubbed “fishing-gate,” the incident is currently one of the...
CDT in the News
- Human Rights Watch – Chinese Cyber Legend Vanishes, Raising Concerns
- PRI The World – Front row seat at China’s 100th anniversary celebrations
- Mind Matters – Chinese Communist Party: 100 Years of Erasing, Rewriting History
- The Jamestown Foundation – The 2021 Party History Study Campaign Stresses Revolution and Sacrifice
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’