Anyone who has spent time in Beijing in recent years knows how difficult it can be to flag down a cab in the massive metropolis, especially during the city’s infamously congested rush hours. One reason for the apparent...
by Paulina Hartono | Sep 19, 2009
The following covers the controversial arrest of a driver in Shanghai, pseudonym Zhang Jun, who gave a ride to a stranger who claimed to have stomach pains. Dubbed “fishing-gate,” the incident is currently one of the...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods