CDT is expanding its wiki beyond the Grass-Mud Horse Lexicon to include short biographies of...
by Josh Rudolph | Oct 16, 2014
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Natalie Ornell | May 25, 2014
At China Change, 26-year-old blogger and former editor at qq.com Zhang Jialong explains why he...
by Samuel Wade | Mar 7, 2014
The Telegraph’s Tom Phillips profiles soccer- turned social commentator Li Chengpeng: On...
by Sophie Beach | May 14, 2013
Chinese netizens have recently discovered the public petition system on the White House website, and several petitions created by Chinese citizens have gone viral, notably one calling for an investigation of a 1994 poisoning...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China