From The Ninth IOC/BOCOG press conference: Wang Wei: On the issue of demonstration, the basic situation has been already announced by the authorities. And I think you should be satisfied with that. The demonstration parks are...
by Linjun Fan | Aug 18, 2008
Beijing-based legal scholar Xu Zhiyong (许志永) writes on his blog, translated by CDT: Seven-year-old Yang Peiyi sang a lovely song for the opening ceremony of the Beijing Olympic Games. However, audiences all over the world...
by Sean Escoffery | Jul 15, 2008
The Beijing Organizing Committee for the Olympic Games (BOCOG), has just issued new Olympic venue rules. From the Xinhua News Network: Banners, such as those saying “Go China,” will not be allowed in Olympic venues....
by Kate Zhao | Oct 30, 2007
From Channelnewsasia.com: Massive demand caused the Beijing Olympic ticketing system to collapse on Tuesday as a second phase of sales for people living in China got under way, officials said. More than 200,000 Internet ticket applications for next year’s Games were submitted each second at some points on Tuesday, jamming the site, the Beijing Organising […]
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo