From The Ninth IOC/BOCOG press conference: Wang Wei: On the issue of demonstration, the basic situation has been already announced by the authorities. And I think you should be satisfied with that. The demonstration parks are...
by Linjun Fan | Aug 18, 2008
Beijing-based legal scholar Xu Zhiyong (许志永) writes on his blog, translated by CDT: Seven-year-old Yang Peiyi sang a lovely song for the opening ceremony of the Beijing Olympic Games. However, audiences all over the world...
by Sean Escoffery | Jul 15, 2008
The Beijing Organizing Committee for the Olympic Games (BOCOG), has just issued new Olympic venue rules. From the Xinhua News Network: Banners, such as those saying “Go China,” will not be allowed in Olympic venues....
by Kate Zhao | Oct 30, 2007
From Channelnewsasia.com: Massive demand caused the Beijing Olympic ticketing system to collapse on Tuesday as a second phase of sales for people living in China got under way, officials said. More than 200,000 Internet ticket applications for next year’s Games were submitted each second at some points on Tuesday, jamming the site, the Beijing Organising […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods