According to a recent study conducted in the Shanghai municipality by Fudan University, members of...
CCP 6th generation
by Scott Greene | Mar 18, 2013
Mimi Lau of the South China Morning Post reports that despite his reformist credentials, new Guangdong party chief Hu Chunhua has held his cards close to the vest while navigating a series of early tests: His low-profile, opaque...
by Sophie Beach | Sep 22, 2009
While many observers were baffled when Vice President Xi Jinping did not get an expected promotion to the Central Military Commission during the recent Party plenum, which would have indicated his ascension to Hu Jintao’s...
by Sophie Beach | Sep 14, 2009
As the Central Committee of the CCP gathers for its annual meeting in Beijing, outside observers are wondering what will happen to Xi Jinping, who many believe is slated to take over the party’s helm after Hu Jintao. From...
by Xiao Qiang | Oct 17, 2008
The following editorial is published on the Asia Times Online: In an apparent move to defuse a decades-old ideological debate, China’s Vice President Xi Jingping, who is widely tipped to succeed President Hu Jintao, has...
by Liu Yong | Oct 7, 2007
From Newsweek: Colleagues at the fast-track Communist Youth League have seen a change in their recently appointed boss. “In the past, Hu Chunhua (ËÉ°Êò•Âçé) was known within the Youth League for being polite,” says a powerfully connected Beijing scholar. “But now he seems to be acting much tougher.” Earlier this year Hu, 44, unceremoniously dismissed […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods