Following President Trump’s announcement early this month that he would be withdrawing the...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 14, 2011
When Tropical Storm Muifa descended on China’s north-east last week, damage to dykes in Dalian sparked fears of leaks from a coastal chemical plant. The threat was averted, but thousands of local residents marched today,...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 8, 2011
Tropical Storm Muifa is advancing on northeastern China after causing four deaths in the Phillippines, injuries in Okinawa, and power outages in Shanghai and South Korea. From the BBC: Muifa was downgraded from a typhoon to a...
by Paulina Hartono | Jun 10, 2008
Reuters reports on a chemical spill in Yunnan province: A truck has overturned and spilt a powerful chemical into a river in southwestern China, threatening the drinking water of more than 200,000 people, the official Xinhua...
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo