Following President Trump’s announcement early this month that he would be withdrawing the...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 8, 2011
Tropical Storm Muifa is advancing on northeastern China after causing four deaths in the Phillippines, injuries in Okinawa, and power outages in Shanghai and South Korea. From the BBC: Muifa was downgraded from a typhoon to a...
by Paulina Hartono | Jun 10, 2008
Reuters reports on a chemical spill in Yunnan province: A truck has overturned and spilt a powerful chemical into a river in southwestern China, threatening the drinking water of more than 200,000 people, the official Xinhua...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China