The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
China Securities Regulatory Commission
May 28, 2012
Another week, another sign of strain within China’s economy as the central government steps up its public statements in support of a possible stimulus. Europe’s woes continue to weigh on China’s factory...
May 21, 2012
In the wake of another cut to the reserve requirement ratio (RRR) for commercial lenders, the second such move this year, data releases continue to indicate that China will need to take additional policy steps to boost an...
Apr 14, 2012
China’s central bank will expand the daily yuan trading band against the dollar. The announcement came after first quarter economic data that China’s gross domestic product growth had slowed to 8.1%. From China...
CDT in the News
- ASPI – Singing from the CCP’s songsheet: The role of foreign influencers in China’s propaganda system
- Lacuna Magazine – Redacted Fantasy: China’s Dystopian Censorship of Online Fiction
- Sinocism – Sharp China: The Foreign Influencer Ecosystem; Money Flowing Out of China; Xi’s Exit Strategy; A Mao YouTube Controversy (11.29.2023)
- Sinocism – 2023 Weekly Discussion Thread #36: Xi in San Francisco; TikTok
- Libération CheckNews – Baidu et Alibaba, les deux géants chinois du Web, ont-ils remplacé Israël par la Palestine sur leurs cartes ?