The campaign to clean up in the aftermath of Bo Xilai’s spectacular fall from power has already seen the reexamination of hundreds of court cases and the removal of former police chief Wang Lijun’s calligraphy from...
by Anne Henochowicz | Jul 25, 2013
Now that formal charges have been brought against Bo Xilai, Chinese netizens are speculating on the fate the former Chongqing Party boss. Many think Bo will be given a suspended death sentence, just like former Railway Minister...
by Scott Greene | Aug 21, 2012
With Gu Kailai’s murder trial and conviction yesterday, leftist allies of disgraced former Chongqing party chief Bo Xilai remain adamant that he and his wife are victims of a conspiracy to curb his political rise and have...
CDT in the News
- Mind Matters – #WhereIsPengShuai: China’s Star Tennis Player Went Missing
- The New York Times – China’s Silence on Peng Shuai Shows the Limits of Beijing’s Propaganda
- The Hindu – What happened to Chinese tennis star Peng Shuai?
- Vice – How China Managed to Wipe Out All Mentions of Its Most Explosive #MeToo Case
- WSJ – China’s Response to Peng Shuai Allegations Follows Familiar Pattern