The World’s Mary Kay Magistad reports on the rise of political humor in China and the role of the Internet in spreading subversive messages through satire. Listen here: “When the situation is getting tougher, the humor is...
by Sophie Beach | Aug 18, 2011
Singer Chuanzi (real name 姜亚川 Jiang Yachuan) was once a troubled teenager and was imprisoned for assault when he was 18 years old. After being released from jail at the age of 25, he tried to reconnect with his old friends, but...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions