Kyodo reports allegations of continuing labor abuses at four Chinese factories supplying Japanese...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 25, 2011
Clothing retailer the Gap, which is trying to boost flagging sales in the U.S. with Black Friday incentives today, is also planning to triple its stores in China, Reuters reports: Redmond Yeung, president of China for Gap, which...
by Sophie Beach | Apr 3, 2005
From the IHT: The U.S. Commerce Department said Friday that in the first three months of the year, preliminary data showed that imports of textile and apparel products from China rose more than 63 percent from a year earlier… The figures came just days after Beijing released data showing that exports to the United States […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods