Kyodo reports allegations of continuing labor abuses at four Chinese factories supplying Japanese...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 25, 2011
Clothing retailer the Gap, which is trying to boost flagging sales in the U.S. with Black Friday incentives today, is also planning to triple its stores in China, Reuters reports: Redmond Yeung, president of China for Gap, which...
by Sophie Beach | Apr 3, 2005
From the IHT: The U.S. Commerce Department said Friday that in the first three months of the year, preliminary data showed that imports of textile and apparel products from China rose more than 63 percent from a year earlier… The figures came just days after Beijing released data showing that exports to the United States […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China