Colombian authorities have stepped in to protect weavers of painstakingly hand-crafted traditional cane sombreros from mass-produced Chinese imports costing a fraction of the price. From The Economist’s Americas View blog...
Feb 22, 2011
Recent reports of a proposed Chinese-built railway across Colombia, bypassing the Panama Canal, have prompted mixed reactions. The Financial Times noted that responses in Colombian newspaper El Tiempo were “split between...
Feb 18, 2011
South America has long been seen as America’s backyard. The Chinese, however, are eager to establish ties with the region. China is in talks with close American ally Colombia, to invest in a multi-billion dollar railway....
CDT in the News
- Language Log, UPenn – Typos as a means for circumventing censorship
- ASPI’s Daily Cyber Digest (July 21) – Mention of CDT’s “CCP Seeks Control Over Xinjiang Narrative as Xi Visits the Region”
- Sinocism (July 25, 2022 newsletter) – Taiwan and Pelosi; Vaccinations; Real estate bailout; Xi Thought on Diplomacy
- Politico (China Watcher Newsletter) – Xi’s Online Nicknames Spark Censorship Spree
- Nature – New deepfake regulations in China are a tool for social stability, but at what cost?