ConocoPhillips China confirms another oil leak into Bohai, according to Caixin reporter Wang Xiaocong. In the latest incident, ConocoPhillips China said 0.6 tons of crude oil were spilled on June 3 at the Penglai 19-3 field....
by Sophie Beach | Sep 6, 2011
Chinese oil company CNOOC has watched its share price fall following a growing controversy over an oil spill in the Bohai Gulf. From the Los Angeles Times blog: Shares were down 2.1% in midday trading in Hong Kong after falling...
by zhou shuren | Aug 25, 2011
The New York Times reports that The State Oceanic Administration is aiming to sue ConocoPhillips over two oil spills in northern China: United States energy analysts say that China is following a delicate political strategy...
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo