Two cases of domestic abuse that have gained widespread attention on Chinese social media in recent weeks have renewed the spotlight on China’s crisis of domestic abuse. In October, a young Tibetan woman named Lhamo was...
by Cindy | Sep 13, 2016
When President Xi Jinping met his American counterpart at the G20 summit in Hangzhou this month,...
by Josh Rudolph | Jun 30, 2015
At The New York Times, Cherie Chan reports on human rights lawyers’ concerns that proposed...
by Samuel Wade | Mar 18, 2015
The Party’s unveiling of its vision for a “Socialist rule of law” last fall,...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 21, 2014
The abolition of China’s re-education through labor system last year was greeted with...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 4, 2014
At China Real Time, Stanley Lubman comments that the recent trials of Xu Zhiyong and other New...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms