While the U.S. Treasury Department has ruled that the Chinese government is not manipulating its currency, it still maintains that China must allow its currency to appreciate more quickly. From Reuters: Although the Obama...
by cdtstaff | Apr 8, 2011
After six continuous days of increases, the Chinese yuan has reached a new high of about 6.54 yuan to 1 dollar, closing the week off at a record high. From Wall Street Journal: China’s yuan rose to a fresh high against the...
by Maiko Morimoto | Dec 3, 2005
From Associated Press via Forbes Finance ministers and central bank governors from the Group of Seven nations, meeting for the final time this year, singled out China in their closing statement as they warned about excess volatility and disorderly movements in exchange rates. The statement was stronger than the group’s communique following its September meeting, […]
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”