The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Anne Henochowicz | Nov 27, 2013
Residents of Huangdao, the district of Qingdao where an oil pipeline explosion last Friday has...
by Josh Rudolph | Nov 26, 2013
In the wake of the Sinopec oil pipeline that exploded on the outskirts of Qingdao last Friday, the...
by Josh Rudolph | Jul 26, 2013
The AP reports that at least nine more people are dead, and another eight missing in Gansu province after landslides. Gansu was hit by a 6.6 magnitude quake (5.9 according to the U.S. Geological Survey) on July 22, and as of...
by Priscilla Jiao | Oct 6, 2008
From Reuters: A magnitude 6.6 earthquake killed at least 30 people in Tibet on Monday with a number of people buried in debris, Xinhua news agency said. The victims were found near the epicentre in Gedar township of Damxung...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions