The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Anne Henochowicz | Nov 27, 2013
Residents of Huangdao, the district of Qingdao where an oil pipeline explosion last Friday has...
by Josh Rudolph | Nov 26, 2013
In the wake of the Sinopec oil pipeline that exploded on the outskirts of Qingdao last Friday, the...
by Josh Rudolph | Jul 26, 2013
The AP reports that at least nine more people are dead, and another eight missing in Gansu province after landslides. Gansu was hit by a 6.6 magnitude quake (5.9 according to the U.S. Geological Survey) on July 22, and as of...
by Priscilla Jiao | Oct 6, 2008
From Reuters: A magnitude 6.6 earthquake killed at least 30 people in Tibet on Monday with a number of people buried in debris, Xinhua news agency said. The victims were found near the epicentre in Gedar township of Damxung...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods