On Friday, Beijing released the 20-page, 60-point ‘CCP Central Committee Resolution...
by Melissa M. Chan | Nov 27, 2012
Chinese state media reports Chinese Defense Minister, Liang Guanglie, met the United States Navy Secretary, Ray Mabus, and called for mutual trust between the two countries. This meeting comes amid continuing tensions in the...
by Melissa M. Chan | Sep 2, 2012
Despite the recent controversy over the release of detained Chinese fishermen, Chinese defense minister, Liang Guanglie, said China is focusing on peaceful development with Sri Lanka. Liang’s reiteration of China’s...
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 25, 2012
Supposedly leaked photos of China’s J-20 “Mighty Dragon” stealth fighter have been appearing on English language webpages over the past few months, calling to mind videos of J-20 test flights posted to Youtube...
by Sophie Beach | Jan 13, 2011
Tai Ming Cheung, an associate research scientist at the University of California Institute on Global Conflict and Cooperation in San Diego, writes on the China Real Time blog about the significance of China’s new J-20...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms