Reuters’ Eveline Danubrata describes Singaporean companies’ scramble to help address China’s severe water shortages: Singapore is a hub for water technology because of its own concerns about water security....
Feb 11, 2013
Seawater desalination may offer a promising supplement to diversion of freshwater to China’s dry north-east, especially as severe droughts in the south place the latter’s basic logic in question. Critics argue,...
Jun 27, 2011
The Guardian’s Damian Carrington writes on the unsustainability of water use in China and the Middle East: The world’s population tripled in the 20th century, but the thirst for water grew six-fold, the large...
Jan 23, 2011
The Guardian reports on a sea water desalination plant outside Tianjin that aims to provide a solution to the country’s water crisis: Engineers from the operating company – the State Development and Investment Corporation...
CDT in the News
- Turquoise Roof – Weaponising Big Data: Decoding China’s Digital Surveillance in Tibet
- VOA – Chinese Netizens Criticize Government on US Embassy’s Weibo Post
- China Global South Project – What Do Namibian Giraffes Have To Do With the Chinese Economy? Ask Weibo
- Washington Post – As falling stocks draw criticism in China, censors struggle to keep up
- NYT – China’s Censorship Dragnet Targets Critics of the Economy