At The New York Times’ The Lede blog, David Barboza answered readers’ questions about his recent investigation into the wealth of Wen Jiabao’s family, discussing the article’s origins, timing and sources:...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 28, 2012
Lawyers for the family of Wen Jiabao have issued a statement on David Barboza’s investigation of their business dealings and reported $2.7 billion fortune, published on Friday at The New York Times. According to the...
by Sophie Beach | Sep 23, 2005
After Reporters without Borders reported that Yahoo had provided the Chinese government with personal information about a customer, journalist Shi Tao, that led to his arrest, Jerry Yang, co-founder of Yahoo, told an Internet...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods