This series is a month-by-month recap of censorship instructions issued to the media by government...
Apr 26, 2013
Xinhua reports that the disastrous impact of the earthquake that struck Ya’an prefecture, Sichuan province on April 20 will likely have little lasting effect on China’s economy: “From what we have learnt from...
Jun 3, 2008
The Associated Press reports that police are blocking protest efforts of parents who are angered by the shoddy construction of their children’s schools: Angry parents whose children were killed in an earthquake-stricken...
CDT in the News
- ASPI – Singing from the CCP’s songsheet: The role of foreign influencers in China’s propaganda system
- Lacuna Magazine – Redacted Fantasy: China’s Dystopian Censorship of Online Fiction
- Sinocism – Sharp China: The Foreign Influencer Ecosystem; Money Flowing Out of China; Xi’s Exit Strategy; A Mao YouTube Controversy (11.29.2023)
- Sinocism – 2023 Weekly Discussion Thread #36: Xi in San Francisco; TikTok
- Libération CheckNews – Baidu et Alibaba, les deux géants chinois du Web, ont-ils remplacé Israël par la Palestine sur leurs cartes ?